Tuesday, October 25, 2011

GOOOOOOOAAAAALLLL!!!

My favorite part of watching the world cup, or really any pro soccer match, is when one of the teams scores and the announcer yells, "GOOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL!!!" and holds it out forever as if the excitation must last as long as the anticipation that led up to the moment. There really is nothing like scoring a goal, even just the figurative ones.

I've set a couple for this week and I'm hoping that I can score on both of them.

1. Reconnect with friends that I no longer see due to the recent move to Texas.

2. Go without meat for this week (with the exception of fish).

So far, so good. I accomplished a lot today between school work and goal numero uno. I was able to do quite a bit of work for my New Testament Greek course - work that will prevent me from having to go into intense cramming mode in a few weeks. At the same time, I was able to get some messages out to friends I haven't talked to in a few weeks or months.

It's good to reconnect. I've already heard back from a couple of people and it's refreshing. I care about my friends from here and there, I'm just bad about keeping in touch with them. There's really no excuse with the technology of today.

As far as diet goes, no meat (except fish) today. I'm kinda giving this a try just for the heck of it. But at the same time, I could lose a pound or two of the stomach. With less time to be as active as I was in the college days (Did I really just say that? Man, I'm old.) I find myself storing up more than I'm burning off.

Whatever.

So yeah, I'm blogging for once. If your amazement has worn off by this sentence, then it's probably time I give you fair warning. No promises that this will be a common thing, as much as I wish it could be. My usual routine for the day-to-day is gym, work, homework/hang out with friends, bed. Rarely do I find this precious time to sit down and blog about life. I enjoy it, I really do, but it's always towards the bottom of my priorities.

But maybe I'll try to find more time more often.

That's all I got for now. Maybe an update on Texas life in the next blog post. Here's some pictures of Texas life to whet your appetite.

Canaan, Allison and I - gangsta pre-lunch pose

the koi fish in the pond at SWBTS

sunset at PCA football game

a night in FW at the Stockyards

a typical day at the office (w/ Ikea jellyfish)

stopped by the fair one evening

student ministry staff picture/model poses

What it is. What it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment