Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Home For Christmas

So it's been a while since I've blogged - so long that my grandfather made sure to mention it to me a couple times before I left his house. Here you go, Granddaddy!

I'm home for Christmas. For those of you who don't know, let me catch you up really quickly. I moved to Texas at the end of August and have been living and working there ever since. I'm in my first year at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Ft. Worth, TX but I live and work in Plano, TX at Prestonwood Baptist Church. 

This is the first time I've been back to Tennessee since moving to Texas (I only live in states that start with T). I've been away from home for longer periods of time, but only because I've been overseas. It's a little different being away from home this long knowing that I am only a short plane ride from home. But this is the life I thought I was so anxious to have all throughout highschool and college: independence, a real job, living (kinda) on my own, making new friends, etc. I do love it, but sometimes I would like to get the earlier days back and enjoy them a little more instead of wishing them away. 

Anywho - it's been a great holiday at home. Short, but great. I fly back to Texas tomorrow (Wednesday) and go back to work on Thursday. I'm excited to be back to my Texas friends (I miss you, J-High team!), but of course I will be sad to leave Tennessee and my family and friends here as it may quite literally be NEXT Christmas before I'm home again. I'd like to go to Russia at some point during the summer and that will take up most of my vacation days. 

Well, it's getting late so I'll say peace out for now. Tomorrow I'll need to pack, figure out how I'm getting my winter clothes to Texas, and then get some lunch before heading to the airport. I'll try to touch base on the blog more often for those of you who read this (assuming that more than just my grandfather reads it, that is). 

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment