Monday, August 15, 2011

Texas: At Least the Sky is Bigger Here

So, I moved to Texas. Not on a whim or anything, so don't get excited. I moved here for school.

I love it. Texas, that is. (School hasn't started yet.)

Everyone knows the saying, "Everything is bigger in Texas." I think I know why they (the Texans) think this: the one thing that is undeniably bigger is the sky and perhaps that is why everything else seems to follow suit.

credit: granvillehouse.blogspot.com
I've never seen quite so much blue stretching in such an unfathomably wide area. It's overwhelming, not to mention when there are 7 different types of clouds in the sky at one time and 70 bajillion different colors coming and going during sunrise and sunset. I'd say it makes the whole believing in God by simply seeing His creation a bit easier.

Ok, my bragging on Texas is over. Don't worry. I still think the rolling mountains of east Tennessee are magnificent, but this is a nice change.

Now a quick update on what I've been doing since I've come to Texas. I drove down from TN to TX (I only live in T-states) last Thursday - about a 13 hour drive. No big. Since then, I have been getting used to the area and have also started my internship at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, TX.

For those of you who didn't know or I simply didn't get the chance to tell, I was offered and have accepted a position as an intern for the junior high ministry at the central (main) campus. There I will be doing a variety of things from making sure everything runs smoothly on Sunday mornings, to making follow-up calls to new students visiting the student ministry, working on video editing for events and services, having lunch with the junior high kids and attending their various sporting and school events at local schools, and doing pretty much whatever the junior high minister needs me to do. Today, for example, I started binding the junior high devotionals for the fall semester (well, at least running the machine that binds them). Not the most exhilarating job, but this is it: this is interning. I know I'm going to be given much more opportunity to do much bigger stuff, but for day one it kept me busy.

That's about it for now. I won't tell you everything so that I have something to blog about tomorrow. Yeah, tomorrow. I've been consistent with my new workout routine, so I'm going to try to be consistent with blogging too. We'll see how both of those go. (And I'll never hear the end of it from Chelsey if I don't start blogging more often.)

Shalom and good night friends.


1 comment: