Sunday, June 12, 2011

it's 2am, I must be lonely

I can't fight this feeling anymore...

this feeling of being wide awake at 2am despite my attempts at sleeping. 

This is unlike me - both to be awake at this hour and to be blogging. As you can tell by the date of my last blog it's been a while, but it's honestly the only thing I could think of that would be worth while at this time at night.

This is attempt number 4, 5, maybe 6 (who knows) at starting fresh in the blogosphere and being consistent. Here's my plan:


Today at a friend's wedding before the ceremony began, I happened to be checking up on twitter and saw an interesting tweet from @TheAdaL about finally finishing her 101 in 1001 list and she just so happened to be sitting beside me so I decided to ask her about it. She said she had gotten the idea from some blogs she had been reading about this idea to make a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days.

I'm not gonna cook out a 101 in 1001 list right now - perhaps that's something I'll do one day down the road, but what I am going to do is start making some lists and working on conquering these lists and telling you about the experiences along the way, one check mark at a time. The trick here is that I'm NOT going to call them "to-do" lists - those things stress me out.

So here's my first list - a list of lists to make:

  • summer reading list
  • list of things to do in Knoxville before moving in August
  • bucket list
  • short term (within one month) goals list
  • lunch list (list of peeps I want to grab some lunch with)


That should do for now. That's a lot of list making, but I think I can handle it.

Finally, I really am going to make another effort at blogging more often. No promises, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment