Friday, June 24, 2011

In Loving Memory - Nancy Carol Smith // Part 1

Three days ago my aunt was killed in a car accident. That was the worst news I have ever received in my entire life. I will miss her so much.

-----

For those of you who never had the joy of meeting my aunt, she was honestly the most loving person. She never married, so she treated and loved my sister and I as if we were her own. She truly loved us more than anything in the world and took every opportunity to tell us so.

My aunt was a hard worker and had just retired from her job of 42 years at Twin Lakes Telephone Cooperative in Gainesboro, TN. She was an adored member of the Twin Lakes team and was sad to leave the people she worked with, but ready to move on into retirement. She was looking forward to some of the free time she would have - time that she hoped she would be able to spend with my sister and I. Because of her retirement, she was able and excited to come to my graduation and see me complete a large chapter of my life. I'm so glad that she was able to be there.




Nancy Carol Smith was my aunt's name, but my sister and I never called her anything other than "Chichi". When we were both little, one of our favorite things to do was to spend time with Chichi no matter what she was doing or where she was. We would see her at work and she would let us push all the buttons, we would see her at the farm and she would take us for rides out the bend with the dog, we would see her at home and she would let us watch our favorite shows until we fell asleep - she would do anything for us because she loved us that much.

Chichi, Shelley and I at the farm
I will never forget Chichi, and I doubt that a day will ever go by that I don't think about her. When someone loves a person as much as she did my sister and I, it's impossible to ever lose them completely.

I am comforted to know that she is with God and that she is now made perfect in Him and no longer has any physical or emotional ailments. She is finally at peace and that makes me so happy. I'd like to think that if their are gardens in heaven - magnificent gardens with flowers and plants that we could only dream of - that she is slowly strolling through them, watering them, enjoying them as she did her flowers at the farm and on this earth.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that such a wonderful person could not be here longer to share more of her warmth. Your post is very poignant and touching. Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete