Sunday, January 22, 2012

Let's do this.

A new year has begun, and a new semester starts.

Tomorrow starts my second semester in seminary at SWBTS. I'm excited to start back and to really dive in to my 7 hours of course (not much I know, but enough for now). I must admit that last semester was a little bumpy as I was transitioning into my new life, job, and school in Texas. But now I'm 100% ready and anxious to get started.

The new year brought some goals into my life that should have been set far sooner, but as cliche as it is the new year became my opportunity to set the goals and well, so far so good.You can check out some of my goals from an early post, but overall, the MAIN goal that links all of them together is: to practice self-discipline. Laziness is old news.

Self discipline is the key to just about every goal I've set this year. I must be self-disciplined to be the man of God that I've been called to be and so I'm going to work harder at that than ever. Even tonight I decided to get out of the house, go to Starbucks and get my head on straight for the semester ahead. My schedule is organized, my motivation in the right spot and I even typed up my testimony in Russian in preparation for my first Russian lesson with my friend Natasha tomorrow on campus. (For those of you who don't know, I've studied Russian for 4 years now. However, not having constant speaking practice has set me back a bit and I'm seeking to overcome that by meeting with a native Russian once a week to fine tune my speaking skills.)

So here's to 2011 and kicking its butt so far. I'm determined and I really must credit the One True God with my ability to make it this far. Self-discipline is crucial to the Christian life in that one must have strong discipline to stay in the Word, pray, and meditate on His Truth daily and not be distracted by the world and its flashy opportunities. This focus has helped me to focus the rest of my life and it's a whole new world because of it.

I'm not going to keep rambling so I'll close it up here. Take advantage of this year, friends. It's not too late and NEVER too late to call on God for help. He's waiting for you.



1 comment: